619 Madison Ave., Donnellson IA 52625
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) generally prohibits any financial institution, directly or through its affiliates, from sharing non public personal information about you with a non-affiliated third party unless the institution provides you with a notice of its privacy policies and practices, such as the type of information that it collects about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom it may be disclosed. In compliance with the GLBA, we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of Philp Insurance Agency, Inc.
We may collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- The insurance application or other forms (for example, your name, address, date of birth and social security number);
- Your transactions with us (such as payment and claims histories);
- Government agencies such as the department of motor vehicles (your driving record);
- If you make a claim for medical payments, we may request information pertaining to your medical history and treatment.
We treat your personal information with respect and concern for your privacy. We do not sell any of your personal information to any third party. In the course of our normal insurance business transactions, we may disclose some of the above information about you to non-affiliated third parties, but only as permitted by law. Examples of some organizations to whom we might give information are:
- Independent claims adjustors or appraisers who would need the information to adjust your claims;
- A law firm that may be hired to defend you in the event of a claim against you;
- Insurance rating organizations who require information for actuarial purposes;
- Law enforcement or other agencies in response to a subpoena or threat of one, or in connection with suspected fraudulent claims;
- Financial service providers, such as bankers and mortgagees.
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.